Your shoulder is often overlooked until it becomes a problem due to pain. Many people realize the importance of a healthy shoulder due to its role in everyday activities such as carrying objects, driving, working and so much more. As such, if you are dealing with shoulder pain, it would be wise to opt for excellent chiropractic treatment in Palm Coast, Daytona Beach, and DeLand. Your most mobile joint is your shoulder and keeping it in working condition is essential to your quality of life.
Shoulder injuries and pain account for nearly 20% of doctor’s office visits. If your shoulder pain interferes with completing everyday tasks, you don’t have to live in agony. Ignoring your shoulder issues has the potential to cause long term nagging conditions. Pinpointing the cause behind your shoulder pain is essential in appropriately treating and recovering from your shoulder condition. The goal of this article is to improve your knowledge of the causes of shoulder pain and learn how the benefits of chiropractic treatment at Coastal Healthcare Partners can restore your shoulder's function.
Shoulder Pain Treatment
There are numerous sources of shoulder discomfort, however, the most frequent causes of shoulder pain are:
- Tightening in the neck and upper back area
- Vertebrae misalignment
- Unusual movements
- Injuries from sports or car accidents
Compression or injury to your upper back and neck vertebrae will cause damage and irritation to the nerves that lead to your shoulder. Numerous problems can arise from nerve disruption, which can be caused by even a minor vertebrae misalignment. Shoulder pain is often the result of a hidden spinal injury.
Shoulder Pain FAQs
Shoulder pain is a feeling of discomfort at or near your shoulder joint, which is a ball and socket joint where your scapula meets your humerus or upper arm bone. Your shoulder is made up of a network of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
Pain might arise from an injury, disease, or normal wear-and-tear associated with aging. Fortunately, holistic shoulder pain treatments are within reach at Coastal Healthcare Partners.
Shoulder pain and its limitations to your range of motion can be immediate or progressive due to the various ways shoulder pain can be triggered. Severe issues may arise from even mild shoulder injuries. Precise treatment and a careful evaluation are needed to prevent the progression of an injury in the frequently used shoulder joint. Your shoulder should be assessed immediately if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Week long shoulder pain
- Chronic shoulder pain
- Difficulty raising your arm above your head
- Pain when lifting objects
- Heightened pain in shoulder towards nighttime
- Bruising or swelling specifically to joint area
- Cracking or clicking sensations when using the joint
- Should weakness
- Limited range of motion
Numerous factors put you at risk of shoulder pain. Examples include older age, arthritis, playing sports, or having a physically demanding job. Sprains, strains, fractures, rotator cuff injuries, tendinitis, frozen shoulder, and separated shoulder are examples of injuries associated with shoulder discomfort.
At Coastal Healthcare Partners, Dr. Osborne and his team review your symptoms, examine your shoulder, and may use blood or imaging tests to diagnose your condition. They offer various methods to treat shoulder problems and associated pain, including:
- RICE therapy: If you have a minor shoulder injury, it might subside with RICE therapy, which stands for rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Dr. Osborne and his team let you know if RICE therapy is right for you, and might recommend over-the-counter medicines to reduce pain and inflammation while you heal.
- Massage therapy: Dr. Osborne and his staff use massage therapy to stimulate healing within your shoulder joint and ease tension and chronic pain. He applies controlled pressure to the injured area. Dr. Osborne may use the Graston® technique with specialized instruments that break up tight or damaged tissue to accelerate healing.
- Joint injections: Joint injections, such as steroid injections, help reduce inflammation and pain associated with a shoulder injury. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections use plasma from your own blood to accelerate healing naturally.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy restores normal shoulder function with stretches and exercises that increase joint strength to accelerate healing.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Dr. Osborne uses a series of chiropractic adjustments, or controlled force, to improve shoulder joint function and increase range of motion.
Chiropractic Care at Coastal Healthcare Partners for Shoulder Pain
As an alternative to prescriptions and surgeries, chiropractic treatment is a careful and non- invasive way to find lasting results. Specializing in spinal issues and shoulder pain, chiropractor is a very good option. Our team at Coastal Healthcare Partners can assess your shoulder pain with a comprehensive evaluation and cutting-edge imaging strategies. After a precise diagnosis, a specialized treatment process will recommended to assist you in a healthy and speedy recovery.
Call our team at Coastal Healthcare Partners today to find shoulder pain relief that lasts.